Monday

Disclaimer

I'm no writer. In fact, I really dislike writing. I tried to keep a journal as a kid and had to offer myself incentives to even doodle in any diary sort of thing. I really liked buying stationary so usually I would reward myself for writing by buying something new to write on. That never really worked.

2008 was bad for me. Really bad. Bad enough that I started seeing a counselor. As a homework assignment she asked me to write a letter to a specific event in my life. This seemed silly. I'm in a counseling-type graduate program, so I know what all of these tasks are getting at. "Putting your feelings onto paper changes them from thoughts into actual, tangible things." "Writing about your problems gives you an outlet for any hostility, so that you are not taking things out on people who don't deserve it." "Once you start writing you may be surprised by how much you have to say." I know this. I'm sure that this is really helpful too. I'm just way too cynical to take stuff like this seriously. Writing about things in 'blog' format seemed like some sort of a compromise to me. Not sure why.

I feel the need to explain all of this so that people don't read this as though I am some sort of author. Anyone reading who might be looking for a well written editorial or a thoughtful opinion piece should go away. I guess this is just an attempt at some catharsis. That being said, things have been pretty interesting for me lately. Sad, but interesting. Have fun reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment